Glass Fused to Steel Bolted Tanks
PERMASTORE® Glass Fused to Steel (GFS) is glass that has been fired (heat-processed) in a kiln at a range of high temperatures ranging from 760ºC (1400ºF) to 860ºC (1580ºF) which facilitates the interfacial fusion reactions that combine the two materials. In order for there to be a fusion of two materials there must be a chemical bond at a molecular level. PERMASTORE® is the market leader in the manufacture and supply of Glass-Fused-to-Steel Tanks and Silos. Since 1959 the Company has been providing durable and cost effectively engineered containment solutions in Municipal, Industrial and Agricultural environments worldwide. Permastore exports to over 110 countries and in excess of 300,000 structures have been installed worldwide, each with the ability to withstand local environmental extremes, from the cold of the arctic to the heat of the desert. Permastore offers a complete range of diameter and height options with storage capacity solutions exceeding 50,000 m³ (13,200,000 US Gallons).
• ISO 9001:2008 – Accreditation of quality standards to guarantee Customer satisfaction.
• International Standards – Permastore’s quality systems ensure that products meet or exceed the requirements of AWWA D103-09, EEA 7.20 and EN ISO 28765:2011 amongst others. PERMASTORE® structures are engineered with a predicted minimum 30 year design life in accordance with the requirements of
ISO 15686-1:2011, ISO 15686-2:2012 and ISO 15686-3:2002 which provide the framework for determining and planning a service life of up to 50 years.
• International Bodies – Permastore Quality Standards are verified by MPA NRW. Certified to NSF/ANSI 61. Approved by the UK Secretary of State under Regulation 31 for drinking water and listed by DWI (Drinking Water Inspectorate) in its List of Approved Products.
• In-house Engineering Design and Contract Management – This provides reassurance that all structures arrive on schedule and are fit for purpose.
• Production – All controlled at one manufacturing site, thereby simplifying the supply chain and providing a seamless service to meet Customers’ requirements.
• Technical Support – An experienced team that interacts with our Customer base to ensure Customer demand is met.
• Modern Manufacturing Facility – A state of the art factory dedicated solely to the production of Glass-Fused-to-Steel product.
• Advanced Glass-Fused-to-Steel Technology: this provides the ultimate in corrosion resistance for the life of the structure.
The quality is independently certified and meets or exceeds International Quality Standards. A philosophy enshrined in Permastore’s procedures, which exceed the requirements of International Enameling Standards. All industrial grade finishes are subject to 100% inspection and electrical testing of the contact surface. Any panel having a discontinuity is rejected. Permastore has earned this reputation by dedication to the highest quality and commitment to ZERO DISCONTINUITY (defect free at test voltage) glass fusion.
MPA NRW – Fully independent auditing of Permastore Quality Standards and product testing since 1986.
NSF/ANSI 61 – Certification for product quality and suitability for potable water storage.
ISO 9001:2008 – Accreditation of Quality Management Systems since 1996 to guarantee consistent customer satisfaction.
PERMASTORE® produces four distinct glass fused to steel FUSION® processes that allow engineered solutions to account for the most detailed specifications:
1. TRIFUSION® PLUS
3. ISOFUSION® V700