Glass-Fused-to-Steel (GFS) is glass that has been fired (heat-processed) in a kiln at a range of high temperatures ranging from 760ºC (1400ºF) to 860ºC (1580ºF) which facilitates the interfacial fusion reactions that combine the two materials. In order for there to be a fusion of two materials there must be a chemical bond at a molecular level. PERMASTORE® is the market leader in the manufacture and supply of Glass-Fused-to-Steel Tanks and Silos. Since 1959 the Company has been providing durable and cost effectively engineered containment solutions in Municipal, Industrial and Agricultural environments worldwide. Permastore exports to over 110 countries and in excess of 300,000 structures have been installed worldwide, each with the ability to withstand local environmental extremes, from the cold of the arctic to the heat of the desert. Permastore offers a complete range of diameter and height options with storage capacity solutions exceeding 50,000m3 (13,200,000 US Gallons).
• ISO 9001:2008 – Accreditation of quality standards to guarantee Customer satisfaction.
• International Standards – Permastore’s quality systems ensure that products meet or exceed the requirements of AWWA D103-09, EEA 7.20 and EN ISO 28765:2011 amongst others. PERMASTORE® structures are engineered with a predicted minimum 30 year design life in accordance with the requirements of
ISO 15686-1:2011, ISO 15686-2:2012 and ISO 15686-3:2002 which provide the framework for determining and planning a service life of up to 50 years.
• International Bodies – Permastore Quality Standards are verified by MPA NRW. Certified to NSF/ANSI 61. Approved by the UK Secretary of State under Regulation 31 for drinking water and listed by DWI (Drinking Water Inspectorate) in its List of Approved Products.
• In-house Engineering Design and Contract Management – This provides reassurance that all structures arrive on schedule and are fit for purpose.
• Production – All controlled at one manufacturing site, thereby simplifying the supply chain and providing a seamless service to meet Customers’ requirements.
• Technical Support – An experienced team that interacts with our Customer base to ensure Customer demand is met.
• Modern Manufacturing Facility – A state of the art factory dedicated solely to the production of Glass-Fused-to-Steel product.
• Advanced Glass-Fused-to-Steel Technology: this provides the ultimate in corrosion resistance for the life of the structure.
The quality is independently certified and meets or exceeds International Quality Standards. A philosophy enshrined in Permastore’s procedures, which exceed the requirements of International Enameling Standards. All industrial grade finishes are subject to 100% inspection and electrical testing of the contact surface. Any panel having a discontinuity is rejected. Permastore has earned this reputation by dedication to the highest quality and commitment to ZERO DISCONTINUITY (defect free at test voltage) glass fusion.
MPA NRW – Fully independent auditing of Permastore Quality Standards and product testing since 1986.
NSF/ANSI 61 – Certification for product quality and suitability for potable water storage.
ISO 9001:2008 – Accreditation of Quality Management Systems since 1996 to guarantee consistent customer satisfaction.
PERMASTORE® produces four distinct glass fused to steel FUSION® processes that allow engineered solutions to account for the most detailed specifications:
1. TRIFUSION® PLUS
3. ISOFUSION® V700
Epoxy Coated Climate Tanks™ offer the premier epoxy coatings from Permastore, who has joined forces with Akzo Nobel who is a leading global producer of paints and coatings. The result is an innovative, technologically advanced Fusion Bonded Epoxy product, FUSION® V1100, for modular, bolted containment systems. The high-tech RESICOAT® R4-ES used on the internal surface combined with the ultra durable INTERPON® D2525 on the external surface sets the new benchmark within its sector. Following extensive research, with shared know-how and combined with our considerable experience in Glass-Fused-to-Steel solutions coating technology, we have developed FUSION® V1100 to be an exceptional Fusion Bonded Epoxy coating system, second only in performance to PERMASTORE® Glass- Fused-to-Steel solutions. Permastore use high quality grades of sheet steel which meet or exceed the requirements of relevant tank design standards and applicable International Standards e.g. AWWA D103-09, EN 10025, EN 10149 and ASTM A1011. With the engineering expertise and experience gained from over 50 years in the global tank and silo industry, you can be assured that the FUSION® V1100 product offers the best quality, high performance Fusion Bonded Epoxy product which is installed with the precision and ease our customers have come to expect and value from the current PERMASTORE® product. Exporting to over 110 countries and supplying in excess of 300,000 durable and cost effectively engineered structures worldwide, Permastore has the knowledge and experience to provide the best possible solution for your specific application. The combination of Akzo Nobel’s market leading Fusion Bonded Epoxy coating formulation and Permastore’s unmatched factory application process has led to the innovative FUSION® V1100 Bonded Epoxy coating. The proprietary FUSION® V1100 Epoxy coating leads the market within its sector and is suitable for the storage, processing and general containment of a range of liquids. Factory-applied coatings eliminate weather delays typical of site-applied coatings making FUSION® V1100 undoubtedly your best choice to suit your specific application. FUSION® V1100 gives you the assurance and dedication to the highest quality associated with the PERMASTORE® brand. The internal contact surface of every panel is subject to 100% factory inspection and testing at 1100v showing our commitment to zero discontinuities (defect free at test voltage). The external surface of the panel is inspected using a colorimeter test and the color checked against standard limits. Panels with a color outside of these limits will be rejected.